My morning routine as a student - how to: morning productivity

Now that I don’t have regular lessons due to the finals coming up this summer anymore, I managed to extend this morning routine from just the weekends to the entire week. As I do have a lot of free time in the mornings now, I do have a rather complex morning routine, but perhaps it does give you some inspiration for what you could include into your very own morning routine.

I usually try to wake up between 8 and 9AM, depending on how much I had to do the evening before. The first thing I do each morning is to have a glass of sparkling water. I know not many people like sparkling water, but I find it a little more refreshing than still water. Anyway, drinking something always boosts my metabolism and instantly makes me feel more awake.
I get up, block the bathroom for about half an hour, get dressed and then have a morning workout. Sometimes, that’s just a couple of sit-ups, planks and some uncoordinated, but exhausting, dancing, on other days I like to go for a run or even to the gym, whatever I feel like doing. Okay, let’s be honest here - I went to the gym once this year, and I figured I don’t like taking a bus without having had breakfast but I also don’t like working out after I’ve had breakfast, so I kind of ditched the whole gym thing. But if you have a gym close to you, definitely go there every now and then!
After that, I get myself something to eat. My breakfast sometimes consists of yoghurt with granola and frozen fruit, sometimes I’ll have a sandwich, and on some very rare occasions I just go for some tea and chewing gum. I’m definitely the queen of a healthy lifestyle.
Next I have a cold shower on my list before I get dressed for the day, do my make-up and tackle things I actually have to get done the day. I use a bullet journal for planning my tasks and to-dos, but every system that works for you is perfect. Just remember to keep using it, otherwise you’ll just end up with an empty planner in the end of the week. Trust me, I’ve been there, and it’s absolutely not useful.

So that’s about my morning, each and every day. On weekends, I’ll have my breakfast outside on the balcony, on sundays I’ll have a soft-boiled egg for breakfast, but that’s about all of the variations I’ll get.
I think the key to making the most out of your mornings is to not waste time and just plan them out. Free time is awesome, but not in the wrong places. Don’t hang around in your PJ’s all day, and don’t skip breakfast just because you’re too lazy to get up. Whenever I follow my routine, I feel like I have so much more time for fun things, and yes, I do spend those extra minutes writing or reading. I believe I typed around 100 pages this month, excluding my blog posts. That’s a lot of time, especially when I take into consideration that without planning my mornings out, I would’ve spend that time sleeping or procrastinating in bed.

So yes, Kat’s a morning person now! Yay for productivity!

What do your mornings look like? Feel free to share your own routines in the comment section down below, I’d love to read about them!

Comments